Tuesday, June 16, 2009

King Tut Virtual: Special Preview

Here's the SLURL before I start and forget! :)King Tut Virtual: Special Preview

I don't know how many of you actually like to take the time to explore in SL but you really should start too because there are some AMAZING sims out there. Such as this one.
The King Tut Virtual world. I've always have a passion for egypt so I was extremly excited when my friend Kloe told me about this place, and it did not dissapoint. I was impressed the second I landed because you land on a Giant compass with a map underneath you.




Now just exploring by myself looking at stuff is tons of fun but Oh no, they went the extra mile with this place and provided an audio tour!
After you listen to the 4 audios at the starting point (You don't half too but I think you should) You can click the eye and it will take you to the entrance to the tomb.



The audio just inside the first chamber when you enter the tomb explains the mummification process, just pointing that out, I know how everyone loves to hear about that! I know I do :)

Theres 4 audio's set up in the wall paintings room to explain what each mean/symbolize.



When you click the eye at the entance to the tomb it will take you to the next location which was my favorite part. In the middle of the room is the Outer and Second outermost Funerary shrines, in two of the outer rooms are examples of real artifacts from ancient egypt, and I must say, the artifacts! Holy crap! They looked soo real I almost thought I could reach out and grab them.




In the third room there is the sarcophagus of Tut!! BOW DOWN BEFORE TUT! If you touch the audio it will explain the layers of the sarcophagus and the sarcophagus will actually raise and peel apart for you. Very cool!





From there I went to the Armana House where I decided to lay down in the main hall and pretend to be an egyptian princess. Now I just need a man to come fan me ~.*




To the left of the house.... or the right depending on where your looking from is a bunch of vendors with items made epecially with the egyptian theme for this place, I know some of you were going crazy not getting to shop for an hour here on SL, SL shopping is a horrible addiction. But this should help feed your addiction because theres some impressive stuff from impressive people.

Last but not least on my tour, I went to the cosmic gallery, and....... amazing, simply breath taking. Be sure you set your world to midnight for this! And look down thru the floor to the swirl underneath. I wanted to take a picture o this to show you all but any picture I could take would not capture its beauty. Just be sure to go look at it!
I spent about an hour just chillin in the cosmic gallery. Just looking at everything floating in there. I'm sure I'll end up going back, You should all go check it as well before SL costs causes the creator to have to pick it up for some reason.

Heres the SLURL again for us lazy people who don't want to scroll back up! ^.^King Tut Virtual: Special Preview

0 comments: